stella

Polly

JFresh

Slayer69

UFO Story Add Story To Favorites

Experienced on or around March 8th, 2008 - by xXSup3rXNaTuraLXx
UFO - Under The Rainbow

It was a typical spring day in early March 2008. The day started out very pleasant, then we had a storm roll through. I remember this storm quite well, because we had a fair amount of Thunder and Lighting, which seemed to have scared my 2 yr old son. The loud cracking of the thunder prompted him to run over and ask that I hold him.

After the storm had passed my wife took our Dogs out for some potty time, but when she came back into the house she said "You have to see this rainbow outside". Much like anyone else this got me curious, so I walked out onto the deck to see this brilliant rainbow. It was the only rainbow I had ever seen that was entirely complete. At that time I decided I should snap some pictures of it, as I thought a complete rainbow was pretty cool to see. I walked around our house just taking random snapshots of the rainbow hoping that I could get an angle that showed the entire thing.

A few days had passed and I decided to dump the pictures off of my digital camera onto my computer. After the process was complete I starting trolling through the pictures that I had taken over the past couple of weeks and then noticed the rainbow pictures in thumbnail view. I opened the first of about 10 or 15 photos I had taken of the rainbow and started looking at them. When I reached the 3rd photo in the sequence I noticed a bright light under the left side of the arch. My initial thought is that it was simply the sun peering through the clouds. I then noticed there were NO clouds around this bright white light. So I zoomed in closer to the anomaly on the pic and immediately said WTF is that! I quickly called my wife over to take a look at this and her response was the same. I was a bit perplexed because I did not see this when I was taking the photos. After further review we noticed that there looked like there was another one of the same objects just right of the center under the rainbow, but it was clearly too far away to be sure. At this point we definately thought what we were looking at was a UFO.

As you can see in the photo there are 3 or 4 individual round objects (lights) that appear to be emitting this bright white light from the UFO, or whatever it actually is. Also, by the length of the light trail, coupled with the fact that they are so large in the middle of a sunny day looks as though this object is moving up and to the left at a pretty impressive speed. Again, I did not see this at the time I was taking the picture, which leads me to think that this "UFO" was moving very fast, faster than the rate of capture by the human eye, and my camera just happened to catch one single frame during its travel. I really do not know... Take a look at the photo yourself and let me know what you think?

Also, for your reference I was facing north east and the sun was behind me, as it was late in the day.

Comments

October 9th, 2010 - 7:46pm - from anima torturata

When I was about 9 yrs old I remember seeing 3 rainbows (kind of stacked on top of each other yeah i know it sounds unreal) And i saw this same thing expect it was less blurry. It looked like an oval My whole family saw it and after all these years i can't come up with a logical explaination for what we saw..

August 15th, 2008 - 8:23pm - from JackN.EvermoreIV

according to an photoshop wiz I know, if there were anything like a distant plane or blimp in the shot, it could easily be turned into that. I'm not calling this a hoax, but it just isn't concrete enough in this day and age.

August 14th, 2008 - 10:51pm - from Dramaya

I agree with Spacey's analysis! What I have to add is that if it were a reflection or glare from the sun, or anything to give this anomaly that trail of light, the sun would have to have been in the upper left hand corner. But, xXSup3rXNaTuraLXx was right in saying that the sun was behind him; you can see the sunlight hitting the side of the house facing towards us.

I'd also like to point out that if it were a jet or some other manmade vehicle, xXSup3rXNaTuraLXx would have been able to see it. As he stated before, he saw nothing. Likewise, that would have be some pretty huge plane to appear at that size. I'm inclined to believe this is legit!

August 6th, 2008 - 6:02pm - from Miss L

That's not dust. Looks like lights to me, lights on a UFO!

July 29th, 2008 - 5:45pm - from Astra Vera

This can be done in PHOTOSHOP.

It's called the smudge tool.

July 25th, 2008 - 12:11am - from Spacey

That pic had me scratching my head for a minute. I usually go Scully and try to come up with a scientific explanation first. So you have this thing under a rainbow...at first it looks like a light, then you get a close up and see that it's an object with a light under/behind/coming from it. First of all, when dust is captured in a picture reflecting light, it's perfectly round, and the light travels with it, making it look like an orb. This is not round, and the light is not blocking the entire view of the object behind it. Then I thought maybe a bug, because you can see the three inconsistencies in the light, which could have reflected the segmented body of an insect. But the same principal applies to light reflecting off the bug...it would travel with the bug, not be lagging behind to leave the bug unveiled. Maybe I'm giving us humans too much credit, but I honestly think that a photograph can only fool the human eye so much, and looking at that picture you can just TELL that it's far away. Even if it were a jet in the sky looking distorted from the sun/rain/clouds, I've never seen a jet trail that looks like that. Great pic, survey says, UFO!

July 24th, 2008 - 4:32pm - from ourmancaleb

if it was a jet, thats one weird jet. think about it. a circialer jet with 3 lights on the bottom of it? nah. sry dude

July 17th, 2008 - 1:18am - from martini

the only thing i could think of was either a space shuttle (in PA? no waay!!) or a UFO.

I think space shuttle is automatically ruled out.

nice picture.

July 16th, 2008 - 11:07am - from attapi0

when i was 4 i seen a ufo

July 10th, 2008 - 6:49pm - from stella

I can't believe this is the first time i read this story i always read your stories ;)

Anyway... OMG!!!!! that is a great pic! i really can't think of any explanation of that... i actually had a similar expieriance... i don't remember it that well though. if it was sun reflections it would not look like 3 tail light thingys, and NO jet looks like that! its big too which is cool! thats a great pic! i never really considered the UFOs exist thing, but im telling you this pic got me thinking...

P.S.

That rainbow is pretty! :)

July 6th, 2008 - 9:17pm - from ShadowPeregrinus

Psht... dust and reflections my butt... that's a niiiice shot. Right on that it looks like "throttles" next to each other.

July 4th, 2008 - 10:45am - from Kaity Bear

just looks like a jet to me o.o;

June 29th, 2008 - 1:04pm - from Sadiemay9

I also live in PA and I have seen similar objects in the daytime sky. Nice picture!!

June 29th, 2008 - 3:15am - from Cappy

Wow! That's awesome! :D I can't think of anything it might be, and that's weird that you couldn't see it while shooting. Lol, great pic, beautiful rainbow, amazing unidentified flying object. :3

June 24th, 2008 - 8:41pm - from

nice try. it's just a reflection from the light. my friend, jack, knows a lot about this stuff, and orbs do show up as a result of light passing through dust and things, or just reflections.

June 24th, 2008 - 7:48pm - from Piper

to tell u one thing, there is no such thing as UFO's or anything like that but what i saw in the pic it can be dust or bugs that fly in front of the camera or it could the reflection of the sun!! there is scientific explanations for this kind of thing!! when most ppl say that they've seen an alien spaceship and it's not really that it's really a space aircraft from military's!! that was the best way i could explain this pic for u!!

Piper

June 17th, 2008 - 4:21pm - from Hp9diVinE

COOL Pic, it looks like UFO material to me!!!

June 13th, 2008 - 10:10am - from Slayer69

That pic freaks the oops! out of me! I can definitely make out three lights at the top of it. I just can't imagine what else it could be, especially since there are 2 of them simultaneously side by side. Nice shot man.

June 13th, 2008 - 10:09am - from Slimer

That is a really good shot. Nice work.