Fi

Kay

Jersey Devil Story Add Story To Favorites

Experienced on or around August 11th, 1995 - by Odinstones
Jersey Devil in PA

I was making my way home from Moravian College to Telford around 11pm. On PA Route 378 in Saucon Valley, I looked over at the side of the road and saw what at first looked like a deer grazing next to the guard rail. As I got closer, I suddenly stood up on its hind legs and looked right at me. It's head looked like a cross between a camel and a deer, but much hairer than both. It had antlers, but they were more like tree branches than a deers. It was very slender with clawed type hands and from the waist down, it was almost exactly like a deer. The eyes were very large and round and sat on the sides of the head. It looked to be about 5 feet tall. About 15 yards or so still in front of it, it took off running across the road in front of me. It looked like it had raggedy wings on its back, leathery like a bats, but too small for it to actually use to fly. It continued running into the tree line on the other side of the road. I kept right on driving cause it scared the hell out of me.

I've driven that same stretch of road for 13 years since then and have never seen it again.

Comments

December 4th, 2013 - 2:50pm - from GothicButterfly

i mean wendigo sorry

December 4th, 2013 - 2:50pm - from GothicButterfly

i mean wendigo sorry

December 4th, 2013 - 2:50pm - from GothicButterfly

i mean wendigo sorry

December 4th, 2013 - 2:49pm - from GothicButterfly

Its neither a devil nor a demon because these two classifications of living things are i simple words....evil; i would say more than somthing but i substituted it with something cheesy like evil cuz im too lazy but it DEFINENTLY sounds like a weningo

September 29th, 2013 - 1:58am - from Maggie3339

Holy

September 29th, 2013 - 1:58am - from Maggie3339

Holy

May 27th, 2011 - 12:27pm - from Jennifer96

so the new breed youve tried to catch the jersey devil but y would you want to cause it could be somthing new for a scientist to disect i mean it is a creature from hell sure but maybe since everyone in nj is cutting down the pine barrens the jersey devil is trying to protect his home

April 20th, 2011 - 10:31am - from acdcya94

it seems to be more of a wendigo than a demon especially if you could see it

February 7th, 2011 - 4:17pm - from the new breed

October 30th, 2010 - 10:42pm - from Oricalcum

Cryptozoology and Mythology are hobbies of mine

(although i am sure there are alot of people on this site that know more than me) and The descriptions of the Jersey devil oddly remind me of a Satyr or Faun (albeit more feral, and have wings). Am I the only one that thinks this?

March 30th, 2010 - 12:57pm - from the new breed

you bait it with raw meat

March 30th, 2010 - 12:56pm - from the new breed

the jersy devil is a demon.....a hellrider....a doomsteed....this beast is the mount of several different variaties of demon

March 23rd, 2010 - 12:21pm - from Kay

That sounds like a Jersey Devil to me. I don't blame you for not going down that road again... I wouldn't either. Too bad you didn't get a picture though.

March 18th, 2010 - 7:14pm - from ShadowPeregrinus

If only we knew how to bait this thing... It's gotta be some kind of rare beast because a lot of people have had this sighting very little difference in description. The Pine Barrens are huge and difficult to maneuver even with large groups. It can't be too intelligent considering it's run in front of cars before like in your story... I'm sure with greater technology and growing interest in the supernatural we'll get some legitimate proof of it. (MonsterQuest did get a thermal image with a deer-like creature that had an difficult to explain away wing heat signature)

August 2nd, 2009 - 11:12pm - from Eclipse

sorry about that. i was over ther on that road trying to frighten away a Shadow Joker. Once again, very sorry.

July 6th, 2009 - 12:11am - from WolfChick

The owners, creators and company that own this site are in the Lehigh Valley. I know exactly where your sighting was. This is a textbook sighting of the "Jersey Devil".

Coincidentally, the developer of this site has a friend that had the exact type of sighting in New Jersey, in the Pine Barrons on the way home at dusk from the shore.

His description of the creature was very similar to yours and it was also hunched over by the roadside.

Anyone how gets through life with a sighting of this nature is very lucky! There is much out there that we do not understand yet....they are here so, we do see them in a fleeting moment from time to time!

Very cool.

ALD

March 3rd, 2009 - 1:09am - from Kristi

That is a really creepy description. I live in PA, so that kinda creeps me out. If I ever saw that, I would try to get a picture of it, then run like hell haha

January 4th, 2009 - 4:18pm - from tyler

the truth is they can fly