Jeff

Durantlw

ourmancaleb

stella

Sea Creatures Story Add Story To Favorites

Experienced on or around July 22nd, 1960 - by Nina
The Lake Monster Event, Circa 1960

This is just a theory about Loch Ness monster types. Some say they are Plesiosaurs, and that they most likely survived in the darkest part of the ocean. If so, then there may be underwater portals that allow them to go from Loch Ness to the places where the other sightings occur.

SO my theory is that if there's a say Crater Lake monster, it may be the same as the Loch Ness one, or may be a family of them, but that they all travel through these portals, and visit everywhere that the sea-monsters are spotted.

I was at a lake in Dover Delaware one afternoon. My family went there often. That day nobody was in the water, no boats, nobody. A kid on a bike came up to the shoreline and said "There's a monster in there, I'd be careful if I were you." Now, I was just 8, but I was an avid learner. I figured as I looked around, my little mind was scientific then too, that since nobody was there, maybe he had something. A clue, nobody was around, so I got out as fast as possible. It could have been anything or nothing at all. I wasn't willing to find out. I left the water & told my family that I thought he may be right. We didn't even stay for a picnic, nor did we ever speak of this again.

I'm still wondering what if anything it was that made everyone leave? Oh well.

Comments

April 16th, 2013 - 11:41pm - from wisperingwind

There are a lot of things out there that we don't understand.Underground tunnels or passageways are just one element. There are many lakes where their water supply comes from underground rivers and streams. The next time that you are driving in the hilly country look for tumbled smooth rocks embedded in road cut. it's a good chance that you are looking at an ancient riverbed. If you have any local dowsers, they should be able to point out underground water in their area.

This is science and not fiction. We use it in California to find gold.

April 15th, 2013 - 11:57pm - from yaway

underwater portals??? what an idiot. tunnels mabye. but portals? what is this syfy???

May 27th, 2011 - 10:35pm - from acdcya94

who knows it could be a different breed of sea nymphs or merfolk possibly a demon (Leviathan) it could be a number of things or it could be just an over grown fish or imagination its hard to say with such a main stream creature that people think a stick or a toy could be one (like in the famous photograph) this is just to often hoaxed its hard to say but over all i do think it is a being or creature that isnt a part of this plain of existence but hey i could be wrong a wendigo can hide in relatively small forests even if they are around 8 to 20 ft tall so its hard to say if it could hide like you say or not

April 2nd, 2010 - 2:56am - from Nina

This site won't let me close my account.I'd rrather just forget the thing, thanks for the comments

March 31st, 2010 - 5:16pm - from the new breed

i belive that not all lake monsters are old plesiosaurs....i belive that some of them are serpents from the old seafaring tales....i actually encountered one...it was a giant whale like thing...but it had a head and tusks like a boar.

March 26th, 2010 - 2:07pm - from Kay

I think actually if there are pleiosaurs in the deep lakes, that it is because they were trapped there by shifting land masses. Cool story though.

August 3rd, 2009 - 1:50am - from Glitch

and again i feel that these portals are simply long tunnels. I mean, the lochness isnt at all far from the shore or local rivers. There could easily have been a way to channel a large creature between areas.

August 3rd, 2009 - 1:45am - from Glitch

Yeah I have no problem beliving that the lochness monster is an old plesiosaur which would make sense. I mean those things thrived in some of the deepest parts of the water which could have saved them from some apocalyptic event.

To those who say nothing could survive, look at sharks. They were around during the dinosaurs' era. So if sharks survived and lived around the same area as these underwater dinsaurs, and relied on the same things to survive for food (i.e. fish and other smaller creatures) then there should be no reason why the plesiosaurs couldnt have made it too.

The way it's often described looks just like one oif those anchient beasts as well. Coincidence maybe?

August 2nd, 2009 - 11:15pm - from Eclipse

i think that all of the loch ness monster stories are fake. dinosaurs all died out. i think it was the Shadow Ghost of Omori Gandom.

July 7th, 2009 - 5:47pm - from Alan S

I read this story some years back about a married couple that had a dairy farm in the northern US. One morning, the husband went out to feed the livestock. When he didn't return right away, his wife went outside and found his footprints in the fresh snow went halfway to the barn and just stopped.... with no husband in sight. She called out to him and kept hearing his voice answer back but couldn't see where he actually was. After 45 minutes, his voice just faded away like he was wandering off but she never saw him after he left the house. Thousands of people disappear every year. We assume they change their names or ended up murdered but maybe some of them just walk right out of our world.

July 7th, 2009 - 7:48am - from Jeff

In this field i have learned you can not rule out anything related to them kind of theory's, I might be skeptical on them being able to go into some Dimensional portal but, there are people that just "fall" off the face of the earth with no trace? such as in the case here in Bennington Vermont our "Bennington Triangle"

July 7th, 2009 - 3:55am - from Alan S

The theory of "dimensional visitors" actually comes from the UFO field. Some longtime UFO investigators have come to believe that UFOs don't come from outer space and are instead visitors from either a parallel dimension or time travellers. It would explain how they can disappear at will when they're being pursued by military interceptor jets. It just occured to me when I heard the theory that, after over 50 years of hunting creatures like Big Foot, researchers have rather large collections of plaster footprints, blood samples, hair samples and photos but still haven't found the body of an 8', 600-lb. creature that seems to be able to disappear at will. The same could be said for giant black cats in the English suburbs and lake monsters not to mention exotic creatures like the Mothman. It's just a theory however.

July 7th, 2009 - 12:34am - from Jeff

Here in Vermont we have a few lake Creatures here and one is the well known Champ, Ogopogo and a couple more that i can't think of off the top of my head, But like you ( i think, sorry if im wrong) I think it might be the same creature. But there is a new video on you tube of a new cryptid in our lake in Burlington, We PI-NE started investigating the sighting but, there seems to be a few spots for this "cryptid" to hide and live. lots of food.

www.pinewengland.org

October 4th, 2008 - 4:34pm - from Fyre-chan

Huh. Now that's an interesting thought...Wonder if I ought to mention it in my report? lolz maybe not...

September 3rd, 2008 - 7:11pm - from ourmancaleb

ive never thought of it that way, alan. i thought they were just some creatur that lives in a lake, never really looked into it THAT much. thank yous.

August 15th, 2008 - 12:53am - from Nina

Alright Alan, That's a plausible theory. Why don't you call up George Noory on Coast To Coast Am and give him this information? I listen to him every night.I's love to hear his response on your theory.

August 14th, 2008 - 8:20pm - from Alan S

I'm starting to entertain the idea that lake monsters, which are seen all over the world and all seem to resemble plesiosaurs, are dimensional visitors instead of regular inhabitants. It goes a long way toward explaining how these massive creatures can appear in land-locked lakes like Lake Champlain in the US where there's nowhere near enough food to support them over a period of years... even decades. It also could explain how places like Loch Ness could be combed with advanced sonar gear without showing a trace of the massive creature that resides there.

August 7th, 2008 - 3:48am - from Nina

The only person that was there was the kid on the bike. He rode off. I think it could have been what he said, but we left.

August 6th, 2008 - 11:02am - from brucekidz

was what that made everyone leave???

August 6th, 2008 - 1:53am - from Nina

I wonder too that's a brillant idea.

August 5th, 2008 - 8:40pm - from wisperingwind

I have seen video reports of a "Nessy" in Canada as well as Scotland. I would suspect other sightings in other areas. The "portal" theory" may be feasible. I wonder if anyone has gone to the trouble of building a time line of the sightings to see if there is any relationship of incidents occurring at the same time?

August 4th, 2008 - 11:38pm - from Nina

Yes thanks, I read last night about one in Montana. Then I read about the creature that was found in NY. I saw a picture of it, I think it may be either e racoon like some said or a dog like others say. I have a picture of it,but it's been grafted by Adobe shop.I think the main subject last night on Coast To Coast Am mentioned some of these sea monsters, among other things like live Vampires.

August 4th, 2008 - 3:23pm - from Nero

Yeah, I heard mainly the theory of the same sea monster going through a portal in Loch Ness and swimming to Hudson Bay. Quite Interesting stuff!

July 27th, 2008 - 3:14pm - from Nina

An additional note, I have seen an article where a team were going to investigate Loch Ness . They were intending to bring a small personal, yellow sub along on the trip. I haven't heard any mroe about this after a few years. I suppose that they were unable to make the investigation, or after they did , they didn't have any evidence, or were of a mind to just keep the results quiet.When I discovered that they were planning to use a Yellow submarine, I thought of The song: "Yellow Submarine" , so it may have been a false report. Who knows? If you do ,please let us know.

July 27th, 2008 - 3:08pm - from Nina

Yes, that is precisely what I am referring to, Long Tunnels, caves ,underwater grottos and the like. I am glad that you made the comment. It helps me understand that other people do understand my theory, and can accept it. Thanks!

July 25th, 2008 - 10:56pm - from Glitch

the lochness lake, to scientist's knowledge, is the deepest lake in the world. They say there are many upon many underwater caves and grottoes which something like the lochness could very well hide. And perhaps survive an apocalyptic event with little trouble.

Due to depth, its not exactly easy to just scuba dive. Perhaps a mini sub is in order?

I like your theory of portals though. And by portals im assuming you mean long tunnels correct?

July 25th, 2008 - 3:45am - from Nina

Hello Stellla, Well there won't be, but thanks. I will discuss anything about sea monsters with you , or any other paranormal subject. So, just bring up something, and we can have an online discussion.

That was my only "sea-monster sighting", but I do have my theories.

July 24th, 2008 - 6:45pm - from stella

Thats really cool! i have always loved marine biology so in really into the lochness monster. i did a project on it in the 6th grade! keep me updated if theres any cool info on it :)