I_AM_NoBodY

Wolfgrl247

Piper

Elokheem

Ouija Story Add Story To Favorites

Experienced on or around January 18th, 2006 - by ShadowPeregrinus
A Conversation with a 'Demon' via Ouija Board

It's been some years since the incident so I will try to retell it to best of my memory.

My friend (an atheist) and I (considered self Catholic at the time) decided one night to try out a Ouija board he had in his basement. For first few minutes it would not work because we could not stop laughing as we tried. Eventually we calmed down and eventually we asked a general question like "If there's a spirit present, say something." The needle moved toward YES fairly easily and back to the middle. My friend and I started accusing each other of moving the needle. After we both swore we did not do it nor would we, we tried again. "So if there's a spirit present, what's your name?" The needle went to something like "Hrgofalar" or something ridiculous to that effect. We immediately went online and looked it up. Nothing came up of course. We tried again and asked, "What do humans know you by?"

"ABBADON"

We went online and first result was Catholic Encyclopedia. The name was the name of a "chief ruler of Hell.' Neither my friend nor I could ever recall hearing the name before. We returned to the board and said something to the effect of, "So you're a demon."

It responded, "I am called many names." We continued to ask it questions regarding religion and the short of it was that it said, "I am a tester." "Each person is assigned a tester." "Jesus was a man with faith."

My friend then asked it, "So what's my future." And it gave him a name I believe, "Edward." We both knew plenty of Edwards and we asked, "What Edward?" Abbadon responded, "NO" "Why not? I need to know which Edward you are talking about." "Do not know him yet." "Well, what will happen to Edward?" "Paralyze." "I will paralyze Edward?" "YES"

At that point we decided to just stop as it was getting creepy and my friend convinced himself it was his subconscious mind or my own messing with the board.

Although my story ends there... My friend somewhat continues a few days later.

He never ever remembers dreams, but for the following 3 nights he had recurring dreams.

The first night he dreamed he was in a church in middle-row pew. There was a man in brown robes at the podium near the altar and he gestured to the back of the church where dozens of people walked into the church and filled every row except the row my friend was in. The man in brown robes asked, "Do you believe?" The parishioners responded, "Yes" in unison except for my friend. All but my friend then floated toward the ceiling and passed through the roof as if they were ghosts. My friend woke up.

The second night, the same dream occurred from the first night but after the people disappeared above the ceiling, the brown robed man appeared next to my friend in the pew and asked him directly, "Do you believe?" My friend responded, "No" and he woke up.

The third night, my friend was in the pew again. In front of the altar was the man in brown robes in the middle, on his right was a deformed and animal-like man leashed to the brown robed man's left hand and to the left the robed man was a face-blurred man in a wheelchair. My friend then woke up.

Whether those dreams are supernatural in origin or just my friend's subconscious dealing with the prior incident, I'm not too sure.

Comments

May 27th, 2017 - 4:43pm - from ShadowPeregrinus

Weirdly relatable story, BillyBob. I hope your friend has found a way to cease the shadows or at least successfully cope with them.

February 29th, 2016 - 3:31am - from Billybob

I don't know if anyone still goes on this but I needed to share my story. The other day I played ouija and Abaddon (or however you spell it) came to us. He said his name was Edward which was chilling because Edward appeared in your story. We ended it when he started to play the counting game. My friend sees faceless figures when she goes in room and I felt like someone was tugging my arm when I sleep. My other friend feels like someone is following him.

July 5th, 2010 - 10:31am - from Haven

I'm a bad speller, so either you or I are right, but this is what I hear when I speack it.

Any way thanks for the 'possibly' right spelling.

That totally sounded laim.

July 3rd, 2010 - 10:21pm - from Iris

Isn't is spelled 'protestant'? Not trying to be rude or anything. I just thought that's how it was spelled; but since you are one you would probably know much better than me.

March 31st, 2010 - 9:57am - from Haven

If I read it correctly, you and your friend are catholics right, and if so, god had said that to not deal with things like that. I know because I'm a prodestent.

I believe that your friend is dealing with something that he should never be dealing with. I believe 'Edward' the brown robed man was either a messanger from god, or even god himself, making him aware that god knows what you two had done and that he is questioning your faith in him.

Well that's what I think is going on, but I'm like you, I don't know everything.

March 25th, 2010 - 10:14pm - from ShadowPeregrinus

He's still a good friend today, and to my knowledge, he hasn't.

March 25th, 2010 - 8:43pm - from Kay

That's really interesting. Did you ever find out if your friend actually paralyzed a guy? I've never played with a Oija board (call me superstitious but they creep me out), but they do tend to cause some of the most interesting encounters.

March 18th, 2010 - 5:55pm - from ShadowPeregrinus

I happened to recover my account and would like to respond to the last post. We asked about its name because initially we kept getting incoherent responses that we had no idea what they meant but we felt we were getting a response so we kept trying. Secondly, why is that so improbable for such a strong response especially if it's plausible that this being may have been a demon or even if it was just a spirit that had time to kill (I figure these guys are never too busy when they're dead) and perhaps we had a strong connection. I appreciate the skepticism for nothing should be taken at face value but the commentary can be applied to just about every supernatural encounter on this and any other paranormal website. :)

December 7th, 2009 - 12:12am - from WinterWhite

Okay, apparently the account is cancelled so I won't be able to get a response, but for those reading this story, here are some things to chew on. First of all, I'm not a skeptic, but I am a critic. I believe in the supernatural but don't believe that all supernatural accounts are 100% accurate or truthful. With this one I find myself wondering, if they were intending to find a spirit and then do and also get its name, why would they then ask "what do humans know you by" or whatever- why assume the name it gave them was not its true name, or that it wasn't a human entity? For all they knew, it was a ghost named Hga-blah. Secondly, a spirit coming through so strongly that it spells that much info out, one letter at a time, just because it was asked so politely by a couple of humans looking for some entertainment? Tough to swallow.

October 16th, 2008 - 1:57am - from Claude

ar where do you buy those ouija boards from but im in like australia QLD redcliffe so yeah i dont think they have them there DARN

October 16th, 2008 - 1:55am - from Claude

Well i have tryed to do a board before but it didnt work so do you need a profeshinal board or something because i want to see what my ghost friend are up to e.g edward i want to know y he died and the little girl at camp the full story

August 1st, 2008 - 12:16am - from Elokheem

I do not discredit the event. But I do not believe his dream was influenced by supernatural forces either. The ouija board, I think so, but his dreams? No. Dreams are simply the minds way of sorting out it's own unease. In some circumstances, atheism too requires faith, and I think this encounter you had shook his. His dream is a portrayal of his struggling faith. He is alone, and atheist amongst mostly Christians in this country. His dream shows how he feels, alone in his own little row. Then the figure asks if they all believe, the crowd says yes and ascends into heaven, as I am sure that is where your friend thinks they are going, he is hesitant to say know, out of fear, he fears he may be wrong in his belief, which would land him in hell if he is wrong. But he, (weakly) says no anyway, to stand by his belief. In the second occurrence, he is asked directly, if he believes, this is where he loses his battle against fear. He gives in, this is not stated, but in saying know, he views himself as dying, and what happens when you die in a dream? You wake up. Now for the third occurrence. I do not as strongly stand by this interpretation, but I believe he is feeling guilt for what he thinks is going to be the paralysis of Edward. I think he thinks his atheism is what causes it. I do not believe one should believe something in fear of punishment (hell) nor should they in want of reward (heaven). Which is why I disagree with Christianity in all of it's forms, among other reasons. I won't go into depth here. By the way, are you still Catholic? You seemed to say you were catholic, as in not anymore, and I greatly admire your research, please keep up to date. I too have spent nights pouring over "evidence."

July 31st, 2008 - 2:25pm - from Spacey

LOL, I love it when critics discredit themselves in their own rants! I'd want to be "unknown" too if i hadn't graduated 4th grade, lol.

July 30th, 2008 - 10:51pm - from Astra Vera

This one is my favourite of yours, so far.

July 30th, 2008 - 10:47pm - from Iris

pwned

lol.

July 28th, 2008 - 12:32am - from ShadowPeregrinus

I bet you're regarded as one of the brightest bulbs in the chandelier where you're from. Nothing gets by you boss...

btw:

*psyche

*you're

*pathetic

I figured with your genius intellect you ought to know how to spell some basic words correctly.

July 26th, 2008 - 5:48pm - from

ooooooo scary .syke.thats soooo fake you can tell its fake and for every one who believes that 'your pathetice'

July 25th, 2008 - 1:32pm - from I_AM_NoBodY

Ya. I would have stopped at ABBADON... Then started blessing the house and what not ha ha

July 22nd, 2008 - 10:41am - from ShadowPeregrinus

Ummmmmm... Toys R' Us? lol I actually got one from Toys R'Us and it's a POS. I'd advise ordering 'em online. Old school plastic foldable, with a felt-bottomed planchette has worked well in my experience.

July 17th, 2008 - 1:38am - from martini

gaahh! that's creepy!!

where can you buy an Ouija board?

'casue I'm 100% sure they don't have them at wal-mart ;)

July 10th, 2008 - 10:47pm - from ParanormalLover

WOW. This was by far the most chilling story I have read on here so far. I have heard that negativity has come to many who venture into the world of Ouija Boards. I myself, had an experience many years ago at a friend's birthday party. We all thought it would be fun to do; there was no boys at the party; it was just us girls. However, one attendee was a really strange friend; and my friend said that she was a fake; and pretended to contact the supernatural. I was wondering what she was doing there then. Anyways, we all got into a circle and the "strange friend" was the one leading the seance. We had candles lit, and the lights out. I think it really felt creepy. Anyway, we started trying to make contact with spirits that might be there. All of a sudden, on the wall, we saw something written in red; (if I remember it right) I think it said beware, or something to that effect. A loud noise followed, and I got so freaked out we all just stopped. My friend (who's birthday it was), said not to be scared. That it was just her other friend trying to frighten everyone. Worked on me! LOL....Anyway, I never discovered wheather that warning was valid or not, but I know not to mess around with that any more. I learned my lesson. Good stories you have posted. I just finished "A Conversation with a Demon", and now I am going on to some of your other reads.

July 10th, 2008 - 1:52pm - from ShadowPeregrinus

Agreed. It very well could have been his subconscious and I have not ruled it out. I just also would not doubt that it possibly was a direct influence from a spirit/demon or what have you as well.

July 10th, 2008 - 12:15pm - from Annlife85

Wow. That was chilling. I happen to believe that dreams are sometimes just your own mind....but it's hard to tell. No one can really explain where they come from. So, you can't rule out supernatural potential.