This_Is_Cake_Town

KyNz0

Poltergeists Story Add Story To Favorites

Experienced on or around July 6th, 2008 - by
A Ghost that keeps waking me up at nite...

Last night while I was sleeping I awoke to someone hitting me in the face and neck. I opened my eyes and looked around but didn't see anything. I could still feel a pressure/soreness where I had been hit. I just pretended that it did not bother me, hoping if I ignore it, it will stop bothering me. It didn't bother me again that night, but similar things have happened before, but nothing to this extreme.

Last week I woke up because someone squeezed my (right) big toe. That's the 2nd time that's happened. Again I try to pretend that I don't even notice. I didn't see anything that time either.

However, one day earlier this year I awoke to to my bed bouncing up & down, I kept my eyes closed at first. I lied there trying to confirm I was indeed awake. I was and I could still feel the bed bouncing, the covers moving up and down against me. I opened my eyes slightly & seen a tall dark figure. No face or anything, just a tall dark shadow-like figure.

I am going to try burning dried sage around my apt today, hopefully this helps...

Comments

March 29th, 2013 - 10:14pm - from the mothgirl
intense

April 24th, 2012 - 1:54pm - from Katylee
This happens to me too... I don't like sleeping on my back but when I do the damn thing wakes me up usually just as im about to fall asleep or just after sometimes I see the outline of a face with its mouth open like its screaming too. This hasn't happend to me in a while though.

July 19th, 2011 - 6:13pm - from KyNz0
defently can be a spirit.. but the spirits it's not posibly to see them.. if you never had someone (close to you, know's you) hate you.. or love's you (maybie reveng maybie not)..it sound's crazy but it must be nats!!

July 6th, 2009 - 3:55am - from Alan S
Sage is a pretty common herb used to fumigate an area. A lot of wiccans use it these days and the use of it might have come from native amercian medicine men as it grows wild in the western US. The church uses frankincense and myrrh for similar purposes. Authors like Robert Bruce even recommend the burning of garlic or red pepper in extreme cases but the fumes off those are eye-watering and should be done with open windows and only when all else fails.

July 5th, 2009 - 10:42pm - from Jeff
never herd of "sage" ever working, and never herd of it choking something that is dead! last i knew, you needed a body and all it's working body parts to cough!...but then again, im not a ghost! sorry if i sound rude but if you think about it, sounds kind of odd, more odd then anything paranormal! lol,

www.pinewengland.org

September 12th, 2008 - 4:26pm - from
The Sage Didn't Work!

2 nights after I burned the sage, I awoke to this coldness to the left side of me. The spirit seemed to be very angry and yelling something, but I couldn't make out what it was saying. I tried yelling back, but it was such a struggle to speak... I tried saying "go away", but I did not have any energy or strength to speak back to it no matter how hard I tried... It was as if it was draining all my energy....I felt pinned down and could not turn my head to look in that direction...

I've been in touch with Vancouver Paranormal Investigators and they said that sage doesn't work, all it does is irritate them and make them cough. Which would explain why the spirit was mad at me...

August 14th, 2008 - 8:05pm - from Alan S
I have had experiences where a spirit was simply trying to get my attention. I had several instances back in the late 70s of what I call a "spirit voice". Usually, I'd be on the verge of falling asleep when I would distinctly hear someone say my name close to my ear in a low voice. I would jerk awake, alarmed, only to see nobody in the room. This happened for several weeks following the death of my father but faded over time. Since then, it has only happened a handful of times but it is sometimes accompanied by a chill in the room I'm in.

August 14th, 2008 - 7:52pm - from Alan S
There's also some defensive measures you might consider at a site called www.astraldynamics.com. The author of the website, Robert Bruce, wrote the book "Practical Psychic Self-Defense" and offers several protective measures that don't require a certain degree of faith or occult training. I've used some of them in addition to sage in the past and they seem to have worked for me.

July 26th, 2008 - 7:04pm - from espenolie
This is an interesting story. Are you still having these experiences? Did the sage work?

These seem like playful annoyances. You make me think of my nephews, who are 5 and 7. They wake people up this way. Perhaps your demands in "the name of the Lord" didn't work because you're dealing with a child's spirit and they either don't know they're dead or they don't know how to cross over.

Sometimes in situations like this people have opened up the lines of communication by bringing in a psychic. Just a thought...

July 10th, 2008 - 2:05pm - from
I have wondered about that. I think some incidents could be the result of what you were speaking of, but many other things have happened over the last 5-6 years. Even while I'm awake or I've come home and things have been moved, there have been very strange things that happened at my last place of work too. I have so many stories I could put on here. I 've worked in various hospitals & long term centers so I always wondered if I brought somethiing home from work!??!

Thank you for that info, I will definitley look into it...

July 10th, 2008 - 2:59am - from mwolf
sorry forgot a bit, the only way to rid oneself of a poltergeist is to solve the deep issues that cause these emotional binds.

July 10th, 2008 - 2:58am - from mwolf
Many current theorists on the subject of poltergeists agree that the poltergeist activities are caused by repressed emotions. These emotions resonate in the person, usually a child on the verge of puberty but could be a young adult. These emotions build, and somehow escape the body and manifest as psycho-kinetic activities. The subject is usually unaware that it is their own self and pent up emotions that creates this kind of activity. That in mind, these manifestations don't usually, if ever, result in physical interactions. Typically, things will just move or make noise.

July 7th, 2008 - 6:03pm - from
Thanks for your comments & advice! I have tried raising my voice at them saying things like "In the name of the Lord, you are not welcome here", etc. I also did the sage last night and did not have any incidents, but will have to wait & see because he doesn't come every night....will keep you posted! Thanks again!

July 7th, 2008 - 10:29am - from Lurk
Yes, if you are religious you should definitely consider invoking the name of the Lord when confronting the spirit. Tell it (in the name of the Lord) to leave your home and never return, or if you think it might be trying to contact you (which I doubt, considering your story), ask it what in God's name does it want?

It might also help to have your home blessed, as well as cleansing it with sage.

Keep us updated.

July 7th, 2008 - 7:35am - from ShadowPeregrinus
Poltergeists tend to feed on fear... it's an energy they can manifest even greater power in. If your sage plan does not work, you need to learn to control that fear and remember who is living and who is not. Start getting bossy back with the spirit. If you become the dominating one telling it to leave you alone and it is not welcome nor has power there, it could weaken as it will learn it no longer can scare you and get your energy levels up. If that does not work, there's tons of other things to do such as paranormal investigators coming in and doing their thing... pending on if you are religious or not, you might consider contacting your religious authorities for help though in my experience and opinion... it's best you keep the situation secular.