Slayer69

Sarge

GothicButterfly

BABS

Dreams Story Add Story To Favorites

Experienced on or around June 1st, 2006 - by DrDoom
Paralysis Dream - Demon Creature in My Room

A couple years ago, I had an extremely frightening episode of sleep paralysis. (in case you don't know what sleep paralysis is, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis ).

I woke up in the middle of the night one night, laying on my back with my arms sort of folded over my chest, and I was staring at the ceiling. I noticed that the room had a strange greenish glow, and the room felt very "dreamy". the next thing I noticed was that I could not move a muscle no matter how hard I tried. I sat there for about 10 seconds trying to move, when suddenly I felt a presence upstairs at the top of the steps (my room is in the basement right at the foot of the stairs). as soon as I felt the presence, I heard extremely loud footsteps go from the top of the steps all the way to the side of my bed in literally about a quarter of a second. Very fast. By this time I could move my head, and I looked over to see a creature that looked exactly like Venom from Spider Man, except its skin was totally pale and had no texture, and it didn't have a face. It then walked up to my bed, leaned over me, and made a sort of hissing noise. I turned away from it, since my head was the only thing I could move, and in the corner of my eye I saw its tongue come out and felt it lick my ear.

I don't remember what happened next, but the next thing I remember I was looking at my door (the creature was gone), and the greenish glow in the room changed to a dark blue glow. Suddenly, three dark figures walked into my room. They stood about 5 feet away from my bed for a few seconds, then they walked out. but before the last figure walked out, he stopped, looked back at me, then walked out and closed the door.

I laid in bed for a good minute after that trying to move, and I was finally able to move my finger, which broke me out of my paralysis. I sat up with a loud gasp and looked around my room. I don't know how I managed it, but I just went back to sleep.

The next morning I told my brother about it, and he said that he has had many episodes of sleep paralysis in which he saw dark figures, although I think dark figures are a very common theme in sleep paralysis.

Comments

May 10th, 2014 - 7:26am - from Scarface

A couple nights ago I was meant to talk to a friend on skype but the internet and cable went out for some reason. I waited hours for it to get back on but it did not the whole night. So I gave up and went to sleep and then in the dream I had - I was in the same spot I crashed which was on the couch with my laptop in front of me with the camera on waiting for my friend to appear on skype but wasn't in sight then when she got back she sat down and the persons body was my friend but her face wasn't hers. She had black eyes and mouth was all black and it yelled in a deep demonic voice and told me to wake up. I woke up and my body was frozen and I couldn't breathe and after about 20 seconds. I was gasping for air and put my hands on my heart to check how fast my heart was racing. I only slept an hour and a half that night.

December 4th, 2013 - 1:09pm - from GothicButterfly

I've seen these before but I'm a lucid dreamer and I was mentally strong so I was able to communicate with them very little and get them to leave me alone. They live off people's energy. They are physically very weak so they attack while we are asleep, or REM mode, when we are at our weakest. They try to drain our energy, mental power and feed on our fear. They move in packs or clubs with a leader whom is usually silhouette rather than transparent. The transparent ones are really the weaker copies of the hooded silhouettes used as temporary workers. They live around the easier ones usually pretending to be shadows (so be careful when you see two shadows instead of one) around the ones with the most exposure to paranormal stuff. They are pretty scared of the lights because even though they can't be seen because their leader can be seen and the leader is their life. I am a lucid dreamer so I didn't have any sleep paralysis. I even try to attack them

September 29th, 2013 - 2:07am - from Maggie3339

Slender man visited your house

November 23rd, 2011 - 7:49pm - from water mouth

I also have had a couple dreams, where I wake up in my bed, only to find creatures/visitors. The 1st time I woke up in my bed, my back was elevated as if I was watching tv in bed. Only my room was a very dark blue. I could also only move my head. I noticed on the foot of my bed 3 small creatures, that looked almost as the one person described as venom from spiderman. They had crazy looking eyes, and long Sharp teeth. The only thing different with my visitors was, they had no color, they were transparent. I could look through them and see the sheets of my bed. One of the creatures started crawling up my body as I lay there, coming towards my face. It looked right at me, then began to lift its skinny little arms and with its skinny finger started pointing at me. As it pointed the finger got Longer, untit it came to a sharp point. The creature stabbed me in the shoulder with its finger, I could actually feel its touch. At that point I was so frightend I woke myself up. Years later I had almost the exact same dream, except I was floating above my sleeping body in bed. I could see the creatures around my bed, but this time I saw a tall man/woman in a black hooded robe cloak type thing. The figure was very tall and very dark. I could not see a face because of the hooded cloak. Again I was so frightend I forced myself to wake up. Who is this visitor with the cloak? What are these creatures? What can I do to summon, or get them to appear in my dreams? Could they maybe just be feeding off my energy as I am dreaming?

November 2nd, 2010 - 9:50pm - from Sarge

I have those twice a week and i have Night Terrors like a mo-fo. The last time I seen the "M.I.B" was 3 nights ago when my closet was open. I tried to wake my wife but I couldnt move. he walked to the side of my bed and stood there towering over me. then it placed its hand on my shoulder at real fast pace and i seen a burst of white and i had a dream that clouds were moving in sky fastly and the moon turned red and everything became barren. i cant find anything or anyone that has experience it before but i am scared and cant sleep since then. i have 4 night lights in every room of my house at night. please tell me you know someone that shares my fear?

October 19th, 2009 - 3:27pm - from Dai Arashi

As a paranormal investigator, I have to say that whether the situation is mere hallucination from sleep paralysis, an extraterrestrial visitation, or a negative entity or entities attempting to torment you, there is only one clear solution.

Although I would like to further discuss with you at arms length your experiences, through here may have to suffice. With any of these types of entities they is only one defense, as I previous mentioned (even sleep paralysis). You absolutely must have faith in yourself. You cannot have fear, and you must not let yourself be overcome with the terror. You must reinforce your beliefs in your own power and protect yourself mentally. Some would call it praying with true faith. Others would call it making a psychic bubble. I would call it the power of your soul that most of us are unaware we even possess.

As previously mentioned, I might be able to help you, as well as any other commenters here. I'm with a paranormal investigation group and my branch investigates all facets of the unknown. I do hope you'll contact me.

April 1st, 2009 - 11:49pm - from xXSup3rXNaTuraLXx

I don't want to sound crazy or anything, but I've read and heard some things about these creatures being "Reptilian Aliens", and the white colored, or "Albino" ones are the superior ones.

I am not saying that I believe this, but it seems interesting given the way your event went with the lighter colored one coming in your room first.

Also, what the heck did Hypon Grey mean when he said "Under Big Brothers Thumb"??

August 14th, 2008 - 5:45pm - from Alan S

I had a frightening encounter similar to that years ago. I've only had one SP incident and that was over 20 years ago but it consisted of me coming suddenly awake and seeing a black-robed figure at the foot of my bed with a large hood shading its face. As I tried to rise, I realized I was paralyzed. My first emotional response was fear but it changed to anger at the hooded figure. I finally came up swinging to a seated position and found myself awake, soaked in sweat, panting and alone. I'm told 1 in 10 first time OBE experiences are similar to this but no one seems to know whether the figure is internally generated or an entity contact. I can tell you the figure actually blocked the street light shining through my window. I've found since that hooded beings have been sighted since the time of the Romans.

July 30th, 2008 - 9:27am - from ShadowPeregrinus

I spoke w/ my 'exile' friend about this phenomenon. She said, "It's real." She went on to explain these beings aren't even 'figments', they are actual beings with bodies like you and I. She continued to explain that they are essentially like reptilian aliens. The paler the skin, typically the more sinister where as the very dark-skinned ones are supposedly benevolent. Hoods are worn to conceal identity and act as an intimidation factor. I'm just telling you what she told me... can take it or leave it lol.

July 29th, 2008 - 10:49am - from Catholic

Thats really creepy! I had a similar experience but i didnt see anything, just heard and felt it, but i said like 20 hail-marys and the prayer of our lord and that seemed to work. I have a question, that wasn't the demon in its true form right? the catholic church says God changes the way that demons look, if we saw their true form we would go insane.

July 29th, 2008 - 12:20am - from Slicky

That is so creepy!! That happened to me once, were I couldn't move a muscle. It almost felt as if your whole body was numb and stiff at the same time. The only difference is that I did not encounter with anything just the numb feeling and stiffness. It makes it really hard to move, but when you do manage to move something , it all goes away.

July 28th, 2008 - 9:31pm - from LPR

That happend to me for a few weeks at about 3:30 in the morning ,but i dident actualy see the what it was, so i placed a roseory by my doot and by my bed and it went away.

July 28th, 2008 - 8:57pm - from Hellboy

I found the type of demon that fits what you described. They are called Nybbas, or sometimes referred to as Nightmares or Blights. They are too weak to attack a waking person, so they assault them in their sleep, whispering insidious words into the ears of their victims, causing nightmares and disturbed sleep. They seek to shatter the minds of people and create discord among them. Many lunatics are thought to be victims of the Nybbas, men whose pysche's were too weak to handle the the Nybbas malicious whispering. There is an incantion here, not sure if it even works, probably not, but it says you should utter it once before you sleep and once after you wake. also its in latin.

"Deus servo mihi. Tutela meus viscus ex vulnero, tutela meus animus ex malum. Contego mihi ex hostium."

like i said, i don't reallly think it will work, but i thought i would pass it on to you anyway. let me know if does work.

July 28th, 2008 - 10:03am - from Hellboy

there is a kind of demon that causes that. I have a book at home, I will look it up and let you know what it is. It sounds alot like what you described.

July 26th, 2008 - 1:58pm - from xXSup3rXNaTuraLXx

Ii kind of agree with the second part of Astra Vera's comment...

July 26th, 2008 - 1:03pm - from Astra Vera

I use to have sleep paralysis when I was younger. I was & still am afraid of the Dark. It's pretty pathetic.

But I think that your story sounds a lot like an Alien abduction. Ghosts & Aliens aren't very different from eachother.

July 23rd, 2008 - 2:55pm - from Slayer69

I know exactly what you mean, I have had similar experiences in the past. The story I posted is Frozen in Terror. Thanks for sharing! Freaky stuff!

July 22nd, 2008 - 4:46pm - from Gothic Princess

wow thats creepy

July 21st, 2008 - 12:49am - from DrDoom

that's pretty freaky... good thing it didn't last too long.

July 20th, 2008 - 6:16pm - from Hypon Grey

you know, id like to thank you. because after six months without incident last night with sleep paralysis, not the first time, so i knew how to break out of it. the thing was, this time it felt different. i figured since i muscled out of it so easy it was safe to go back to sleep, so i did, after turning the lights on to be safe. as soon as i got to sleep it happened again, except this time, when i opened my eyes i couldnt see anything but black until after i muscled out of it. when i looked to the side i saw what looked like a hand melting into the wall. i finally got to sleep later after doing my preparations, but it did freak me out.

July 17th, 2008 - 2:02am - from Hypon Grey

the pale thing is a decoy, the hooded guys are observers. consider yourself under big brothers thumb

July 17th, 2008 - 1:57am - from martini

The first thing I of when I read the description of the "venom" was the thing from "Pan's Labyrinth". If you haven't seen that movie, I highly suggest it. But the pale skin and the venom look really reminds me of the creature with the food in front of him in that movie.

July 11th, 2008 - 5:13pm - from ourmancaleb

i found nothing relevant, but i did find a story. thats the best i could do. heres the link, and the story is by Rickie on January 24, 2008 10:00 am

July 11th, 2008 - 4:09pm - from ourmancaleb

ima look up that pale creature and find names and such for it...suprised this sort of thing hasent happened to me yet lol

July 10th, 2008 - 10:59pm - from DrDoom

it's called sleep paralysis. it's a state of conciousness when your body wakes up from REM sleep, but you are still paralyzed (your body naturally paralyzes you during REM sleep so you do not act out your dreams). most of the time people will see things like what i saw when this happens.

also, you can read all about it in the link i put in the first paragraph.

July 10th, 2008 - 5:51pm - from onesmittenkitten

I am amazed that you interpreted that as a dream. I have heard a lot about night terrors, although I have never experienced one myself. (Not that I think I want to, really...) I think that, being personally in that position, I would be far more likely to interpret it as a close encounter. Is there anything that I might not be aware of that helped you distinguish between a night terror/dream and an actual close encounter? Sorry, I'm fascinated by all this, but my knowledge of it is relatively minimal...

July 9th, 2008 - 8:09pm - from Lilith

It's called night terrors or being "Hag ridden". I've only had it once when I was posted in Germany.

I realized that while my body wouldn't move my mind was still able to function and that's what broke the paralysis.

I relaxed and went into a meditative prayer mode and it seemed to give up and vanish. I remember getting up and having my room mate ask me if it was a bad dream. I told her what had happened and got a very strange look from her so I shut up. It never happened again.

July 9th, 2008 - 6:06pm - from DrDoom

it actually has happened since, but i didn't see anything and nothing scary happened. i just kind of woke up, couldn't move, then i just fell back asleep.

July 9th, 2008 - 8:07am - from ShadowPeregrinus

Very interesting. A lot of people have this nearly exact thing happen... even the pale creature you described. What it is yet exactly, I do not know. Let us know if it happens again as it tends to happen to people multiple times... Don't be afraid.